10 Best Healthy Fruits for Diabetics - Diabetics should be careful in consuming food, as there are many foods that can not control blood sugar levels. There are also foods that can control blood sugar levels, so if you are a diabetic, then you have to be careful in terms of food, so your diabetes is not increased chronic.
Here are 10 healthy fruits for consumption by diabetics. Make these foods as your favorite foods.
- Apples. The importance of eating apples for health, so there is a saying that "an apple a day keep you away from diseases." This applies also for diabetics. Apples contain much pectin which serves to reduce the high insulin levels.
- Pears. Pears are rich in pectin are also good for diabetics. If you consume this fruit in moderation, pears can control blood sugar levels are high.
- Apricot. Dried apricots better than the fresh. Apricots are rich in potassium which is good for diabetics.
- Berries. Berries such as raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and blackberries may help lower the glycemic index of diabetics.
- Cherries. Cherry is a fruit with a low glycemic index. Cherries are also rich in fiber that lowers blood sugar levels in the body. People with diabetes are encouraged to consume cherries.
- Grapes. If you have diabetes, eat fresh grapes. However, consumption of excessive amounts can be harmful to the body because the wine contain carbohydrates in the form of natural sugar.
- Plum. In addition to low calorie, plum also has a low glycemic index. Plum is a food source that is rich in fiber, fruit is ideal for diabetics and heart patients.
- Oranges. Citrus fruit is very healthy for diabetics. This fruit can lower the glycemic index, citrus fruits are good sources of vitamin C and most importantly, the fiber in oranges modulate blood sugar by slowing the absorption into the bloodstream.
- Avocado. This fruit claimed healthy for diabetics, because they contain healthy fats and potassium. This fruit also lowers triglycerides and bad cholesterol levels in the body.
- Melon. Melon contains a lot of fiber. Fiber is needed by diabetics. However, make sure you do not buy too ripe melon, because melon is too ripe can increase your blood sugar levels.